How You Can Help
Here are several ways you can help:
Send Emails and Letters to Shubel and the Board
We’ve written some sample emails/letters you can use. It will only take you five minutes or less.
Let people know your concerned.
Use the sample communications, edit them, or write your own.
Go to the Board Candidate Forum
The PTA is holding a forum with the candidates for School Board. Tuesday November 9 at 7pm.
- Go listen, so you can make the right choices
- Ask questions. We have some sample questions you can use or that might jumpstart your thinking.
- Vote smartly in November. Do you want board members that represent your interests and the people of the district or board members who view their job as defending the administration?
- If you’re unhappy with the current board members, don’t automatically vote for the challengers. You need to judge for yourself whether the challengers will be any better
Share the Information
Get the discussion started. Share it with those you know.
Every post on this blog has social sharing options. Here’s what you can do:
- Post the stories on Facebook
- Pin the graphics on Pinterest
- Tweet the information on Twitter and link to a post
- Email a post those you know
Share YOUR Story
We accept guest posts from parents who have had experiences with EGR Special Education.
Your story is important. It’s what makes the data real for many people.
If you’re interested in contributing a post, let us know.
If you don’t know where to start, we can help you write it, or interview you and write it for your approval. We’ll help you be as open or as anonymous as you want to be.
Potential contributors include:
- Parents of special needs kids who attend or attended East Grand Rapids Public Schools
- Parents of special needs kids who attended EGRPS for a while but chose another district, a charter school, a private school, or home-schooling
- Parents of special needs kids who interviewed EGRPS but chose another district
Not Ready to Act Yet?
Then sign up for more data and information. Over on the right side of this page, you’ll find a spot to enter your email address to get new data and information any time it’s posted on this site.